Monday, September 7, 2009

Oscar De La Renta Resort 2010

**Sigh**

As the last days of Summer come to an end, I felt that I should pay homage by posting some of my favorites from De La Renta's Resort 2010 line. It really is quite self explanatory, but I should note that I love the pairing of colours,the textures, and the clever lines. Oscar makes everything look effortless when clearly it is not. I can only imagine the hours upon hours of frustration and cups upon cups of caffeine required to complete this line.

Also, I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but there is definitely more variety in all of his lines. Never mind vanilla ice cream, this man explores many flavours! And by that I mean, there are actually a significant amount of ethnicities shown. Sorry.....summer+ice cream...well you know. It just makes sense. And ok, you may not really see it here, but compare the models used by other designers, plus look at DLR's other runway shows, and you'll see what I mean. But anyway, see you next year Summer. Hopefully you'll bless us with some better weather; but, until then we can always longingly gaze at the resort collections! Enjoy!

Andrea G


















No comments:

Post a Comment