Friday, September 11, 2009

PLuSH Empress is Upscale Chic

Ola PLuSH Ones



Jahmilla aka PLuSH Empress here. A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of speaking to the girls of Upscale Chic, who invited me to do an interview for their blogs latest Q&A Installment with Toronto's own talent. I was very pleased with the questions as they were based on my love for fashion. Here are a couple of the answers I provided.

UC: What or who is your main source of fashion inspiration

PLuSH Empress: "I am from Toronto and so it is only right that I pay homage to Jeanne Becker. I’ve always wanted to do all that she does, as a reporter, top journalist, author, TV host, editor and red carpet event attendee (plus much more, I’m sure). I mean just to work hard at what you love and enjoy that kind of celebrity would be rewarding.”



UC: Who are your favourite fashion icons, past and present?

PE: “I love Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn. I mean, there are others but many of my favourite fashion icons are from the periods of 1910-1950 i.e. Mademoiselle Chanel, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Lauren etc. Oh and Donyale Luna was coming up in the 60’s representing us African North American’s. All the above women were so graceful and stylish.”



UC: Who are your all-time favourite designers?

PE: “I love classics like Emilio Pucci
Missoni, Yves Saint Laurent and Halston.



As for new school, Burberry and Rodarte float my boat. Gowns by: Oscar De La Renta Monique Lhuillier and Marchesa keep me dreaming. Bag designers I heart are Fendi and Hermes. Shoe designers I love are Salvatore Feragamo, Giuseppe Zanotti, Sergio Rossi and Christian Louboutin. I like designers that work with colour and prints but I also have a stern side of me that prefers more tailored androgynous clothing such as shoulder padded blazers, female tux pant suits, fedoras and ‘porkpie’ hats, skinny ties and bow-tied scarves. But most of all, it is extremely important that clothing is comfortable and ultra Plush i.e. stylish and excellent!”



UC: What one item should all women own?

PE: “A nice coat! Not to short or long. Whether it be a trench or a pea coat, when you have no clothes (laundry day or visiting your partner), or you’re not satisfied with your outfit for whatever reason, you can hide under that! The coat brilliantly functions as a dress.”



To read the entire interview please visit the Upscale Chic Blog.



Special thanks again to the wonderful ladies at Upscale Chic!! If you have not had a chance to check out Mandi & Patrice do so, their swagg it's on a hundred thousand trillion!!!

PLuSH Empress...Stuntin is a habit!


No comments:

Post a Comment