Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wintour Me Up Please


Vogue Paris (07/2009)
Editorial: L'Icone
Model: Snejana Onopka
Photographer: Mario Testino


So in the year of the Tiger, thus far, I have excitingly added to my collection of fashion materials. I must say my archive is getting pretty extensive but I am thrilled to have/add to it another Vogue edition.
I advise anyone and everyone aspiring to work in the fashion and magazine industries to watch The September Issue documentary which follows the 5 month preparation, at Vogue headquarters, for the US Vogue Celebrity Issue of 2007 featuring Sienna Miller.
In the September Issue flick we, the viewers, get an inside peak at the wolrd of the "Ice Woman" Anna Wintour aka THE BIGGEST BOSS in Fashion and Editor in Chief of U.S. Vogue and we also get a glimpse of the MAGNIFICENT ALT (Andre Leon Talley) and his tastes in the film along with experiencing the behind scenes magic of the fashion editorials with concepts by U.S. Vogue creative director Grace Coddington.
I mean, yes we all know Anna Wintour as the Devil in Prada, Chanel, Carolina Herrera and anything else Fabulously PLuSH; but, I went digging in the vogue editorial archives and found a shoot (presented in this very post) that seems terribly narcissistic to have published, on Anna's behalf, shot in August 2007 a month before the September issue and Anna's U.S. Vogue headquarters was documented. Does anyone else feel as if the following editorial is a little narcissistic? If you ask me I think the shoot is well done and Anna's style is imitated immaculately well but is Anna's persona made to resemble a supreme egoist?
And if so...is that what fashion is about...vanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment