Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP Farrah Fawcett

Remembering Farrah:

Fawcett was an American actress who rose to international fame when she first appeared as private investigator Jill Munroe in the TV series Charlie's Angels in 1976. Fawcett was also a pop culture figure whose hairstyle was emulated by millions of young women. Her poster sales broke records, making her an international sex symbol in the 1970s and 1980s. {Wikipedia}





But today, we must say our goodbyes to the PLuSH angel who passed away after a long battle of rare (anal) cancer. She bravely chose to have a friend record her struggle in a documentary entitled Farrah's story where she said:
"Sometimes this disease makes me feel like a stranger to myself; like a blonde nothingness. Alone inside a body that once was mine but that has been damaged by radiation, Chemo and all those drugs necessary for me to live."
"There is a reason for all this, it is a challenge to my very core, to my strength, my mind, my spirit and my soul"
"All those chemicals that are highly toxic and slightly paralyzing are forcing me to experience intollerable suffering and pain I have never known...I miss my life"
Farrah is now at rest, in peace at the age of 62.

PLuSH Empress...you know it's judgement times when you keep saying goodbye to angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment