Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hip Hop...Back to Basics...Today I was listening to my IPod but it felt more like an a-trak!

Really though, I should be a DJ...music with substance is what life is really about and too often real Hip Hop is misconstrued. Hip Hop culture began in the Bronx, in the 1970s. It is popular predominantly among African Americans and Latino Americans. Hip hop arose in New York City when DJs began isolating the percussion break from funk, or rock songs, making the music something you could smoothly rock your head to.
MCing or emceeing, is a vocal style in which the performer speaks rhythmically and in rhyme, generally to a beat. The role of the MC was originally to introduce the DJ and the music, and to keep the audience excited. Moreover, there is a slight difference now, "MCing" compared to rapping. MCing describes those artists who possess and exercise superior lyrical ability and prowess. (See tracks below)

For that reason, I Bang It Out on the Daily (I tell you everywhere I go I be bopin my head...you know you see me ;)

Transition from Kid Wave 2 Nasty Nas Nas Will Prevail [Demo Tape]
(18 years back...1991)Dude was only a teenager; QB for life...is all I know!
"I leave minds magmatized like slaves this style is old fashion like waves... slaughter your tape recorder giving thanks to my supporters and keep flowin like water"



For more tracks from Nas Demo Tape check da link
True Dialect Freestyle: www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0fXnIQbyOQ

Outkast Elevators(13 years before now...1996)
Stopping off in Georgia..."Me & You, Your Momma & Your Cousin too"
{strictly for da BFF}




Public Enemy He Got Game (11 years...1998)
Long Island NY; I spy Flavor Flav
"My wandering got my azz wondering, where Christ is in all this crisis"
{How can I forget I own this flick...He Got Game is a dunking NYC classic. With a cast like Denzel Washington, Ray Allen and...how can I forget, LaLa played by Rosario Dawson...it had an unbelieveable renaissance feel}



Cypress Hill & House of Pain Jump Around(1 decade ago...1999)
Onto Southern California
"I got the skill, come get ya fill, cause when I shoot the gift I shoot to kill"



Tribe Called Quest Find a Way 11 years back...1998)
"Messing Me up My Whole Head..."



Forever heart my hip hop...stayin true to the movement.
Respectfully,
Jahmilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment